Friday 7 June 2013

Stump Work

I read a book by Victoria Hislop this week called The Thread  It is all about a girl / woman who spends her life sewing, embroidering and tailoring. (It also covers 2 world wars, a love story and the modern history of Thessaloniki.)

The book really inspired me to sew lots more and I decided to do some embroidery.

The brooch is basically all thread (with some little black beads and a backing fabric).  I love that you can make something 3d out of just thread.  It is only a couple of inches across and I have attached a pin on the back so I can wear it. 

Ali

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is wonderful!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must have taken you so long to make! I don't think that I'd have the patience!

    ReplyDelete